CUSTOM DESIGN PROCESS
From elegant and traditional, to innovative and modern, we offer unique, original, one-of-a-kind event stationery created just for you! Our favorite part of working with clients is hearing them say “WOW!” when they see the custom designs we have created for them.
Dreaming In Paper is a home-based business. We do have limited hours and do not take in-person consultations. We have a small print shop on our lower level where we are able to produce high quality digital prints for our customers on quality card stocks! We are also able to create custom die-cut pieces on-site! We work with the best of the best professionals for other print processes like thermography & foil stamping.
8 STEPS - The Design Process for Custom Design...
1. Fill out the form below.
2. Send us 1-2 inspiration images of what you envision for your event or your invitations. Let us know what you love about the inspiration images.. Tell us the date and color scheme of your event as well. Let us know the quantity you need and what other additional items or services you might be interested in! For instance, some clients need RSVP cards while others want envelope printing services! You might need some parts, or ALL! If you’re not sure, we can help guide you, once we have a basic under standing of your vision for your invitations, budget, and event.
We do not copy or print other designer's work. I repeat, we do not copy or print other designer's work. If you found something you're in love with on Pinterest, contact that designer/company to order. But, if you have a Pinterest board or other gathering of examples that you love, as reference, that is very helpful!
3. We’ll either send you a custom quote or prepare a custom listing for you to purchase. Review it thoroughly and let us know if you’d like to add or remove services or make changes to any of the details.
4. Custom design orders require a non-refundable deposit of no less than $300.00 to get started. Deposit amount will be calculated once a clear vision of what you're looking for is established. The deposit covers preliminary design work. You place this deposit, trusting that Dreaming In Paper will design your project with our own original style, flair, and expertise.
5. Once you approve pricing for the suite and place your deposit, if you’re interested, we’ll mail you a complimentary sample pack of papers and in-stock sample prints to review. Some products (such as special print process pieces) are not able to be produced in small quantities.
6. Let us know what papers and/or additional items you would like (e.g. belly bands, wax seals, ribbon, color envelopes, pocket folds, envelope liners, etc.) you choose and we’ll update your quote or listing with specifics. If you want to discuss the design further, we can set up a phone consultation.
7. Based on our design discussion and examples you provided, Dreaming In Paper will create a new custom design just for YOU! We will work closely with you - discussing colors, papers, font styles, design elements, and more - to create exactly what you've dreamed of! We will then create a digital mock up for you to review. 2 rounds of revisions are included in your pricing, so we can tweak the design to suit your vision!
8. Submit your actual wording for your invitations using our template to us and we’ll create the invitation specifically for you and your event! Our templates are available under RESOURCES on our main Home Page menu.